Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wow, it has nearly got to 15C at Scrag a few times this week! That combined with a few frost-free nights may mean we'll see some reptiles. I have had quick searches for adders (which I've never recorded at Scrag) but to no avail. Admittedly, the tins are still quite cold and need lengthy spells of sun to warm them up.
I haven't seen the tawny owls over the last few days; I am hoping that they have now laid and are sitting tight on eggs, which is why I can't see them. I am just going to give them their space; with young birds they'll be much more loyal to their nest-sites and less prone to disturbance.
It's also about now that I get the 1st chiff chaff, the first spring migrant to normally arrive.
So, in all its actually about not seeing things at the moment; it can't be long though!!!

No comments: