Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Between super, heavy downpours today, as well as the odd clap of thunder, there were periodsof beautiful, heart-warming light. Luckily, I was in the Goldfinch Hide during some of these spells and captured this gorgeous goldfinch as it fed on the teasel heads. It was one of those magical hours with a superb number as well as variety of birds feeding in low, bright early-winter light. At one stage there was a nuthatch, great-spotted woodpecker, goldfinch and various species of tit including red-listed marsh tit just 4m from me! This year has been so busy for me that I have been making a concious effort to shoot more images myself and short, magical spells like this in the hides reinforce how enjoyable it is. It was also good to see the male sparrowhawk trying his luck too!

No comments: