Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I have just run the first Scrag Copse Photographic Experience weekend and it went a hundred times better than I hoped. The weather was fairly good; it didn't rain at least. However, the group were fantastic and the social aspect around the camp fire blended with some great wildlife made it for me. In the evening there was a badger watch which turned up at least 5 badgers despite being interrupted by a spooked roe deer doe.
We also got a couple of grass snakes, slow worms (which were ignored in favour of the grass snakes), butterflies and a few woodpeckers, nuthatches and goldfinches.
Despite the bluebells being just a few days over the flowers were spectacular with yellow archangel, wild strawberry and bugle coming to a peak.
In essence it was good to see everyone relax over the weekend and start to enjoy the smaller stuff in the woods such as the moths that I trapped overnight; it wasn't a great catch but was the first time I had done this at Scrag.
I am pencilling in next year's event already; please email me if you wish to be considered for this.

No comments: